By Chrisy Tremblay, OPSEU (Canada)
This agency aims to educate youth on topics of Family Planning and Reproductive Health (pro-choice; sexual reproduction), and Youth Rights. Many youth are not permitted culturally to access contraceptives and would otherwise not receive any support on family planning that is progressive.
- It was made clear that youth need to be at the table;
- They need prenatal hygiene packages;
- Government leaving youth out of the conversations when making policies involving youth.
- Despite education programs, there is an increase in maternal deaths.
- Group working on campaign against maternal deaths;
- Misconception about sex education being a negative influence on youth decision re: sexual engagement;
- Need to use relevant social media to maintain engagement;
- Support youth to have space-not tokenism
International Youth activist: Youth must have own rights to make own choices; part of the problem and must be part of solution; must have youth engaged and part of the decision making.
Live performance of song by Otuck Willam & Trevor Arnett (left)