Labour Women are meeting every morning at 8 a.m. to strategize on the activities and events scheduled each day.
The most important aspect of the work is the drafting of the Agreed Conclusions. This will be the official document of the 56th session once finalized and it is important that labour women’s interests, voices and language forms part of the text. The Draft Agreed conclusions is discussed and presented each morning
There will be many resolutions that will be negotiated throughout the next two weeks on subjects such as:
- Women hostages
- Maternal morbidity
- Female genital mutilation
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Palestinian Women
- Japan: Natural Disasters and Gender Equality
There are three different areas of activities for labour women
- The official UN sessions. There is usually one in the morning (10 to 1) and one in the afternoon (3 to 6) and special passes are required
- UN Side events. These are organized by countries or UN agencies. You need a "special event tag" to get into these events.
- NGO Parallel events. There are many of these taking place throughout the week at various locations throughoutNew York City. You do not need to sign up in advance.